Total Pageviews

Pageviews last month

Monday 11 August 2014

Phrasal Verbs Continued! :-)

Phrasal verbs using 'up'

(tidy,  hurry, give, pick, wake, get, stand) 

1.   Ravi & I want to quit smoking.
      give up

2.  Could you please help me?  I have to arise at 6 AM tomorrow morning.
     wake me up

3.  Be quick, or we will miss the bus.
     hurry up

4.  Could you please drive me home from the station
     pick me up

5.  In many countries, the pupils have to respect their teacher, when they enter the classroom.
     stand up

6.  I usually have to arise at half - past - six.
     get up

7.  I must clean my room today.
     tidy up

Phrasal verbs using 'down'
 
 
(fall, write, turn, slow, sit)
 


1.  Its so hot, could you please ........ the heater down please?
     turn down
 
2.  ............ down, we don't have to run that fast!
     Slow down
 
3.  Be careful! I don't want you to ......... down the stairs.
     fall down
 
4.  Why don't you ........ down and have a nice cup of tea with me?
     sit down
 
5.  Could you ....... down your e-mail address? I want to keep in touch with you.
     write down
 
One can also use the following verbs with up or down to create phrasal verbs.
 
Now, dearies, this is your exercise for today, try it at home, you can also submit your answers in the comment box.
 
break, bring, call, come, fall, get, go, keep, look, make,  set, take, turn

Page - 28 of English Workbook
 
 
1.   Alice is a person who always wants to impress others. She loves being the centre of attention. 

     Show off

2.  She loved her new house. But the only disadvantage was that it was too big to maintain easily.

     Drawback

3.  The maintenance of a large fish tank could be expensive.

     Upkeep

4.   He as very proud and this finally led to his failure. Nobody wanted to work with him.

      Downfall.

5.   His sudden expression of anger surprised everyone. he is usually a quite sort.

      Outburst

Love,
T.A.C.  :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment