Total Pageviews

Pageviews last month

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Diary Writing

Hi Dears!

Good Morn! :-))

Now, this is one of my favourite aspects of writing. It is informal almost like talking to oneself. When we share some info with friends, even close ones or family for that matter, one is sure to expect lots of butting in (interruptions), and loads (make that tons!) of advice. Now, that's painful, as we are just letting our hearts out to that particular person. We trust them and that is why we tend to share even our innermost secrets, which we may otherwise not share with anyone for the fear of being ridiculed, but humans that we are(?!), we tend to think that we are only doing some good by sharing (actually dumping!) our experiences and advice the talker, thinking we are bailing them out. It's really really hard to find a good listener in one's friend!

A Diary, on the other hand wont, advice, comment, ridicule or laugh at us. So, one can consider it one's BEST FRIEND! (REALLY! ;-) Now, don't ask! I don't write a diary for the fear of it falling into someone's hand, made fun of along with other BLAH BLAH BLAH! So, if you dearies plan on starting something like that make sure to store it under lock and key (HA HA!)

Now for the lesson:

Diary writing need not be this long! It could be written in day - to - day chunks. Use dates and day when you do that. Keep it short and sweet, that is, to the point.

When I got up today, it was raining! I prayed for that last night and was really elated (happy) to have that granted. Thank You GOD! I did my exercise, bathed, prayed and went mindlessly through other boring routine things. Got ready for school (I don't go to school anymore! I'm just making it connect with you GUYS!)

It was a Wednesday, hence I had to wear my PT uniform. Once, I reached school, I zoomed up the stairs to my class, dumped the bag on my seat and zoomed again to the assembly hall! Since the lead singer of the prayer chorus had called in sick, I had to take his place. My heart was beating wildly as until then, I had only lent my voice to the chorus. Suddenly, I felt I would forget all the lyrics of the prayer, but my very positive teacher boosted my morale and pushed me onto the stage. I just closed my eyes and sang the whole prayer with only one thing on my mind! I mustn't let Miss.Mary, my music teacher, down.

Well, it just went off well. That's what I thought, until ....... During the lunch break, Our Head Sister, Ms.Nancy, walked up to our classroom. I was trembling, fearing a tsunami of words from her for my worst performance in the morning! She and my class teacher had a hush-hush discussion (not very audible from my seat, you know), looking at my direction, every now and then. By this time, I felt I would have to be hospitalised for a heart attack. After sometime, my teacher asked me to visit her in the staff room after school hours.

Well, there went my lunch and playtime, I thought! I was restless through the rest of the classes. After the school was over, I went and stood outside Ms.Nancy's room, praying to GOD endlessly. Ms. Nancy called me in, handed me a paper and asked me to fill in the particulars.

WOW! it was for the upcoming singing competitions! I was selected for a participation. All she said was, "GIRL! why didn't you tell us before that you could sing!"

My, My! All those tension-filled moments, just for this! So, all's well, that ends well! Mmm! Its ten minutes past bedtime. I had a fun-filled day, today. I just hope that every day for the rest of my life ends like this!

Now, if you notice, the language of this is very INFORMAL . It is like talking to a friend. So, you too try writing something like this. It will really improve your writing skills. Get it corrected by your teacher or an adult at home or in the neighbourhood who has a good understanding of the language.

The Anonymous Candle! :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment