Total Pageviews

Pageviews last month

Thursday 5 March 2015

What's in a name?!

My name is Lakshmi! I was.given the name Seetha Lakshmi, in the memory of my paternal grandmother! Though she has four granddaughters, I'm the lucky one to have inherited her name.

As a child, I was not very happy with my name, as I felt it was funny to have two different names combined as one. Seetha and Lakshmi! I.was also made fun of. Some would call me Seetha and some Lakshmi.

My name means:
Seetha-Cool/Mud
Lakshmi-Goddess of WEALTH!

According to Ramayana, most revered of by Hindus, Goddess Seetha, the consort of Lord Rama was believed to have come out of Mother Earth's womb, and hence the name! Since Lord Rama is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, who else but an incarnation of his consort Goddess Lakshmi be his wife on Earth?!

Hence the name Seetha Lakshmi! I love my name very much! Though most of my family and close friends call me Lakshmi. Surprisingly, my better half's name is Srinivasan, one of the 1000 names assigned to.Lord Vishnu!

Everyone's friend,
Lakshmi! :-)))

No comments:

Post a Comment