Total Pageviews

Pageviews last month

Tuesday 22 July 2014

TESTS AAGGHHHH! :(

Test worries looming large over head! Maths BLEUGH! Why is it there in everything?

चलो ! अब मैं स्कूल थोड़ी ना जाती हूँ।  ही ही ! :) But for those of you who are still in school (sadly) (Hee Hee again!) practise is the only option left. As I tell my kids, all the time (I've almost fried their brains) there is no shortcut to success, only hardwork, hardwork and more and more of it.

Now, I'm not here to give maths tuitions, so let me stick to what I was meant to do.

For learning Hindi or Sanskrit, study the questions, read the answers, translate them into your language (!) and try to answer in your own words. Now, why not an English translation, that's what would have flashed in your minds, (I know, I know, been there, done that!) . English is a foreign language and the structure of sentence would differ from the structure of Indian languages.

The thing is the well-known fact is that Sanskrit is the mother of all Indian languages. As one can notice the usage of lots of Sanskrit words in their mother tongue. For eg. my language has many Sanskrit words like:

शीघ्रं - जल्दी , पणं - पैसा , उपकारम - मदद so on and so forth.

I'm sure many of you must be having many Sanskrit words in your language too. So need to understand that, but as for new words you have to memorize those. This stands true for Hindi too. What you read in your textbook, is not pure Hindi, had it been, it would've been too difficult.So, the thing is it contains certain words borrowed from Sanskrit as well as Urdu.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment